“Aamir Khan on Television” we normally associate this phrase when we watch his movies on television or on some news channel. But this phrase will have a new meaning the moment his 1st Show on Television will be aired on 6th May at 11:00. Yes you read it right, it’s a Sunday. As mentioned in our previous post “Will “Satyamev Jayate” bring about change in the Indian Television scenario?” It was not difficult to understand that this Show will surely be a A win win situation for Channels and Audience.
iDubba tries to find out some of the reasons why “Satyamev Jayate” has the potential to change the Indian Television scenario:
- Satyameva Jayate will be first Indian television show to be telecast simultaneously by a private entertainment television channel and Doordarshan—the national broadcaster. Yes it will be shown on DD. Apart from Star Plus; the show will also have simulcast on STAR Pravah, STAR Jalsha, STAR Utsav, Asianet and STAR Vijay within the STAR Network
- The show is scheduled to telecast on Sundays at 11 A.M. Mr Khan wanted to telecast it on Sunday as this is considered as “family TV viewing” slot in Indian Television and also TV shows such as Mahabharata and Ramayana were aired on Sunday mornings, and well, we all know how successful these shows were
- The title sponsorship has been signed at around 16 – 20 crore, while associate sponsors have paid 6 – 7 crore. WOW… This is huge…Right?
- There are reports that Aamir Khan is getting paid Rs 3 crore to anchor Satyamev Jayate. So is he the highest paid actor on Indian Television? Well here you go…Amitabh apparently got a fee of Rs 2 crore for his stint in Kaun Banega Crorepati 5, while Salman got reportedly around Rs 2 crore for lending his presence to Bigg Boss 5
- Aamir Khan along with Ram Sampath, (music director of Delhi Belly) has created 16 songs for the 16 episodes. This too is a first of its kind
Well these are just some of the facts about this show that make it a unique show even before it’s 1st episode being aired. As we all know the Marketing King of Films would definitely have one of a kind plan for his 1st Television show. So here are a few that might impress you.
– The teasers of the show have been all over YouTube
– Makers of show has booked around 2,000 slots for the broadcaster’s promos in 27 hours for an amount of 6.25 crore
– The theme song of the show will be shown in 300 theaters across India after the national anthem. Yes in Movie Halls, Only Aamir Khan can come up with such amazing idea
So are you all excited to watch this one of a kind show? Do you think this will be a win win situation for Channels and Audience?
Happy Viewing 🙂