IIFA Awards, so called International version of Bollywood awards was back. As mentioned in our earlier post “IIFA Awards are back at the Lion’s city – Singapore” there were many performances that were lined up to make this event even more special. Are you all set to read more about what exactly happened at the award ceremony? Well iDubba has the details for you. So just sit back and enjoy the post.
Hosts Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar tried to keep the audience in splits with their wit and humour. Unlike the other awards show, they tried not to make much fun of their fellow actors. Well as they say that SRK only has the rights to do that! Well moving on, the show saw star-studded performances by Sonakshi Sinha, Bipasha Basu, Prabhu Deva, Priyanka Chopra, Shahid, Rishi and Ranbir Kapoor. You might ask where are the other start? Well this year`s IIFA awards was different, and the actors who were missed by all included Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan, Anil Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, and Sonam Kapoor.
As expected, Zoya Akhtar`s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ and Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Rockstar’ triumphed at the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, with each winning four trophies. The film industry also paid heart-warming tributes to long timers Ramesh Sippy and Rekha and bestowed them each with the Outstanding Achievement awards. As mentioned earlier that the big stars were missing, it was time for the young guns to take up the responsibility and keep the show alive.
So when will we be able to see the award show on television? Well don’t worry we will also share the details and the dates with you. But till then let’s check out the winners of this prestigious award. Check out the complete list of winners.
Winners of IIFA Awards 2012
- Best Film: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Story: Zoya Akhtar and Reema Katgi – Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara
- Best Direction: Zoya Akhtar – Zindagi Na Milege Dobara
- Best Performance In Leading Role (Male): Ranbir Kapoor – Rockstar
- Best Performance In A Leading Role (Female): Vidya Balan – The Dirty Picture
- Best Supporting Actor (Male): Farhan Akhtar – Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara
- Best Supporting Actor (Female): Parineeti Chopra – Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- Best Debut (Male): Vidyut Jamwal – Force
- Best Debut (Female): Parineeti Chopra – Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- Best Performance In A Negative Role: Prakash Raj – Singham
- Best Performance In A Comic Role: Riteish Deshmukh – Double Dhamaal
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Rekha
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Ramesh Sippy
- Best Music Direction: A.R. Rahman – Rockstar
- Best Playback Singer (Male) – Mohit Chauhan – the song Nadaan Parinde – Rockstar
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Shreya Ghosal – the song Teri Meri – Bodyguard
- Best Lyrics: Irshad Kamil – the song ‘Nadaan Parindey’ – Rockstar
- Best Choreography: Bosco Caesar Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa -The Dirty Picture
- Hottest Pair: Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri in Rockstar
- IIFA 2012 Green Award: Dia Mirza
- Best Action: Jai Singh Nijjar – Singham
- Best Special Effects: Red Chillies VFX – Ra.One
- Best Choreography: Bosco-Caesar for Senorita from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Cinematography: Carlos Catalan for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Costume Design: Niharika Khan – The Dirty Picture
- Best Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa – The Dirty Picture
- Best Editing: Anand Subaya – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Makeup: Vikram Gaikwad for The Dirty Picture
- Best Production Design: Sabu Cyril – Ra.One
- Best Screenplay: Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar
- Best Sound Re-Recording: Anuj Mathur and Baylon Fonseca – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Sound Recording: Resul Pookutty and Amrit Pritam Dutta – Ra.One
So back to the question, when can the audience watch their favourite stars perform on television? Well, here you go:
Throughout the first week of July, Star Plus will be airing:
Weekend with the Stars + IIFA rocks: Sunday 1st July
IIFA Weekend Celebrations: Monday 2nd – Friday 6th July
IIFA Awards Exclusive Moments: Saturday 7th July
Green carpet & Main event awards night: Saturday 7th July
So have the deserving won this year’s IIFA awards? Did you miss the Big Stars this year at the awards? Well, do let us know your views with us. You can also tweet about the same at our iDubba twitter account.
It’s time for the International Indian Film Academy Awards, also known as the IIFA Awards. They are presented annually by the International Indian Film Academy to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in Bollywood, the Hindi language film industry. It started its journey way back in 2000 and it is known for having it organized in different countries around the world every year. So is it in competition with the Oscars for its International approach? Well we can talk about it may be in our future posts. This post is all about this year’s Awards. This year they will be revisiting the Lion’s City, also known as Singapore.
The first awards were presented in 2000 at The Millennium Dome in London, United Kingdom. IIFA happens to be the largest media event in India with a viewership of almost 700 million, ranking it among the world’s most watched annual events. So what is special at this year’s IIFA awards? Well you don’t have to think much, iDubba has the answers.
– This year, The Dirty Picture and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara have been nominated in many categories. Another strong contender is Rockstar with Ranbir Kapoor being a strong favourite as best actor
– Film to be showcased at IIFA this year: Shanghai (world premiere), directed by Dibakar Banerjee and starring Abhay Deol, Emraan Hashmi and Kalki Koechlin
– The IIFA Awards 2012 ceremony will be held on June 9 and Shahid Kapoor will host the awards for the first time, along with Farhan Akhtar
– The technical awards, which have already been announced and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara has won top honours at the IIFA Technical Awards, along with Shahrukh Khan’s RA.One
– Salman Khan returns to IIFA Awards after two years 😉
– Performers include Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha and Bipasha Basu
– Actor Rekha will be honoured with the Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema award and Filmmaker Ramesh Sippy will be awarded the Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema honour. And to add to that Veteran actor-dancer Zohra Segal, who recently celebrated her 100th birthday, will receive the Contribution to 100 years of Indian Cinema award
Are you impressed? Are you excited about these awards? Guess what, Zoya Akhtar’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara has received 14 nominations, while Ekta Kapoor’s The Dirty Picture has 13! The excitement does not stop here.
Just have a look at the nominations for the best actor in male and female categories –
Male: Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Ranbir Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Ajay Devgun
Female: Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Mahie Gill and Kangna Ranaut
So get ready for loads of action, drama, some dazzling performances, not to forget some pj’s and celebration of Indian Cinema’s 100 years this year.
It’s a unique relationship, sometimes Sweet and then sour 😉 Don’t worry we are not talking about any link-up between actors. This relationship is about Bollywood Stars and Television. You might agree that Bollywood stars have given a helping hand to the TV industry in widening its horizons. But at the end of the day Television has been a major platform that the Bollywood Stars are using, some are successful while some have failed at the Box… oops… TV Office 😉 Television was considered as an second innings for the actors and was considered to be the home for retired actors only. But times have changed. Many of the super hit, upcoming actors and actresses have joined that bandwagon and have taken up television shows.
iDubba is on a journey to find out the stars that have been successful / not so successful on television :
– Television will be incomplete if we don’t talk about Amitabh Bachchan 🙂 He made his debut on television in 2000 with Kaun Banega Crorepati. Since then, every show he has graced has turned out to be a super hit. Those shows include Kaun Banega Crorepati, Kaun Banega Crorepati Dvitiya, Bigg Boss Season 3, KBC season 4 and 5
– Talking about KBC, who can forget Shah Rukh Khan 🙂 But he had made his TV Debut way long back in 1988 with “Fauji“. He went on to appear in other television serial, such as Aziz Mirza’s Circus in 1989, which depicted the life of circus performers. And then there was no looking back, the television star was a movie star. But his real calling in television came when Amitabh Bachchan stepped down from KBC in 2007 and SRK took over. The initial TRPs of SRK’s KBC were promising but interest slowly started dipping. Then came the show Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain? Well again, initial TRPs of the show were promising but the show and it never managed to go past its first season. King Khan did manage to return to hosting a reality TV with Zor Ka Jhatka but did not impress much
– Done with one Khan… Now lets get back to Mr Dabangg 🙂 Salman Khan did make his TV debut in 2008 with Dus Ka Dum. As they say if Salman is hosting a reality TV show, it’s bound to garner high TRPs. And this was true for both the shows – Dus Ka Dum and Bigg Boss Season 4
– Now its time to focus our attention on the Dancing King of Bollywood 🙂 Yes you guessed it right – Hrithik Roshan. He made his TV debut with Just Dance in 2011. Soon after this was announced, there were reports in the media about Hrithik signing on for a sum of Rs 2 crore per episode. Since then, the show’s opened to moderate success.
– Time for some action 🙂 Yes we have Mr Khiladi next in line. Yes Akshay Kumar did make his TV Debut 2008 with Khatron Ke Khiladi. He went on to host the 2nd season of Khatron Ke Khiladi too. Reportedly, the TRPs of both seasons were fantastic. However he was absent in the 3rd season as Priyanka Chopra was the new host. But soon the TRP’s were not in favor of Miss Chopra and hence Akshay had to return in the 4th Season of Khatron Ke Khiladi. Well he did not stop there and was soon present in every household ie Kitchen 🙂 Yes he hosted the first Masterchef of India, a show based on cooking. His Master Chef India show did receive moderate success
– And finally this post cannot be complete without talking about Mr Perfectionist 🙂 Mr Aamir Khan. He is all set to make his Television Debut with the show “Satyamev Jayate – The Truth Alone Prevails“. The talk show will tell stories of real people across India” You can read more about his show over here – Will “Satyamev Jayate” bring about change in the Indian Television scenario?
If you note carefully, there would be around 10 or 12 well-known actors doing shows on TV in one year. And most Bollywood actors come as either anchors or judges. So there is a good presence of our Bollywood stars on Television. Do let us know which is your favorite star that you would like to see on Television. and also it would be interesting to know if you think that this is a healthy trend.
Happy Viewing 🙂
Well the audience will not just have Desi stars but will also be able to watch American pop sensation Katy Perry on stage. She first gained recognition with the release of her first mainstream album, One of the Boys in 2008, which spawned three Billboard Hot 100 top-ten songs—”I Kissed A Girl”, “Hot n Cold” and “Waking Up In Vegas”. Perry is the only artist to spend over 52 consecutive weeks in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100, and has since heightened this to 69 weeks. As of 2012, Perry has been nominated for eight Grammy Awards. She was named 2011’s “Artist of the Year” by MTV.
Season 5 of the IPL will feature 76 matches, over a period of 54 days in the month of April and May. Total of nine teams are participating in the cricket league. The opening ceremony will begin at 7:30 pm and guess what? The tickets for the ceremony are available from March 16 and the starting price is Rs.1,500.
Oh yes one more thing…Cricket fans need not get disappointed, as the show will also feature all nine team captains taking the MCC Spirit of Cricket pledge, which has been on display since the competition’s inception in 2008.
So get set for the grand opening of IPL – 5 and also do keep your pop corn stock ready for this amazing event.
When was the last time you saw a movie with double role? Finding it difficult to recollect right?? Well, double role used to be the most popular formula of filmmakers. The trend of double role movies is as old as 1960 and today almost every top actor has acted in at least one movie where they played double role.
The trend is so popular if we look at stats we will be amazed to learn that from 1960 till 2009, that is 50 yrs., there has not been a single year without at least one movie in this category. But somehow I feel that in the past decade, the double role formula fizzled out and not many filmmakers exploited twin characterized scripts. As compared with 1998 when there were 11 movies in this category in single year.
As kids we used to loves such movies, the curiosity of these double characters use to leave us amazed and we always ended asking our elders “How can there be two characters who look the same acting together” Audiences were always happy to see two heroes (in the form of two different characters) at the price of one ticket. It was a treat to the fans and a total paisa vasool to watch their favorite actors in twin role…….
There have been loads of such examples that have dazzled on the silver screen. Let’s go down the memory and relive such amazing movies that have ensured you get your money’s worth…. Double the amount 😉
– Dilip Kumar in Ram Aur Shyam, Daastan, Bairaag,
– Raj Kumar in Karamyogi
– Sanjeev Kumar in Naya Din Nayi Raat
– Amitabh Bachchan in The Great Gambler, Don
– Dev Anand in Hum Dono
– Kamal Haasan in Chachi 420, Appu Rajja and Hindustani
– Dharmendra in Yakeen
– Sharmila tagore in Mausam and An Evening in Paris
– Sridevi in Chaalbaaz
– Hema Malini in Seeta Aur Geeta
– Govinda in Aankhen
– Anil Kapoor in Kishen Kanhaiya
– Akshay Kumar in Aflatoon
– Salman Khan in Judwa,
– Sunil Shetty in Gopi Kishan
– Hrithik Roshan in Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai
– Priyanka Chopra in Love Story 2050
– Shahid Kapoor in Kaminey
– Shahrukh in Duplicate , Don and Om Shanti Om
Well, the list of Double Role movies is endless… with more than 226 Double/triple role movies being released since 1951 we wish to see more of these kinds hitting the theatre. Hope that the filmmakers treat their audience with more of such movies. Though not all Double role movies were successful, but it does attract a good crowd. So let’s wait and watch how this age old formula of Bollywood works in the present times.
Now that the 57th Annual Filmfare Award Winners (Check the Winners here) are out in the tabloids, I was wondering whether it would really interest the audiences anymore. Will people be keen to watch the show, scheduled to be aired on 19th Feb!! You might wonder what kind of question is this!! It’s Filmfare, and people just have to watch it right. .?? True to certain extent. But think about it, there are no surprises left for the audience in the show.
So, what reason do you have to watch a show on television, almost 20 days after the winners are announced? What according to you will still attract the viewer’s and make them switch their television set in anxiety? Let me help you answer to this strange but valid question!
Here are some of the reasons why you might still watch it on television :
- All the girls out there might like to see the badshah ‘Shah Rukh Khan’ and the handsome ‘Ranbir Kapoor’ on stage (they will be the hosts for the night)
- Loads of Naach Gana and some sizzling performances, which come packaged with the awards ceremony & act as highlights. This time, the stage shall be enthralled by Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’Souza. No prizes for guessing ,”Katrina Kaif” will be the “Show Stopper”
- The fashion statement, the starry quotient, the designer dresses attract a lot a Fashion fiestas who watch the show just for the fashion mantras. Entire Fashion industry is keen to showcase their talent through the Celebrities after all it’s a “Starry Night” that sure get’s a lot of camera & media attention. It’s Manish Malhotra vs Vikram Phadnis and the list goes on, each one wanting to create the maximum buzz with the dress that the beautiful ladies adorn
- How can we forget the PJ’s, some light & some tough humor cracked by the hosts on their own film Fraternity and not to forget their arch rivals 😉 (Kantaben was hit amongst the all)
- Some more Dance performances and jokes that lack any humor. And not to forget the al-laa thank-you speeches by the winners, the anxiety on their faces & the smart acts by the editing team; whereby the audiences is made to believe what it is not
Did I forget something… What about the artists who won the awards, what about the films that were nominated, what about the real reason why this award show exists….. Cinema!! Well who cares about that anyway. You are well aware of the winners in advance, so why worry about them. Some of you might feel that I am taking it too far, but let me ask you this one question… Would you not like to see Filmfare Awards Live on Television rather than recorded and edited version? Are we asking too much of the likes of the superstars to perform live in front of the audience? You will all agree that they have enough talent to performance live, so why are they not challenging themselves to go LIVE 😉
Do let us know your views on this topic. Don’t the audience deserve to see their favorite stars win awards LIVE on stage? Or they just deserve to just to see the performances 😉 (The Naach Gana Show)
After we got you the Nomination List of the Filmfare Awards here , the award ceremony took place yesterday in the newly built Reliance Media Works studio in Film City. Amidst glamour and glitz, there were moments of laughter and fun. There were nerve wrenching moments, especially for those who were nominated. Performances, hilarious acts by SRK & Ranbir and much more.
The much awaited evening began with a musical tribute to Dev Anand, with Javed Ali of Coke Studio doing a version of Dil ka bhanwar, Aise na mujhe tum dekho and Khoya khoya chand. Up next were Shaan, accompanied by Leslie Lewis presenting an ode to Shammi Kapoor with Baar baar dekho, Dil deke dekho and Badan pe sitare.
This year, the hosts were a mixed doubles pair of sorts. Each pair shone bright and entertained the audience. SRK and Ranbir dropped from an aerial harness and collided mid-air as sparks flew literally. SRK ribbed Ranbir, accusing him of overacting and saying that sons of great actors seldom matched up. Ably supported by Karan Johar , Ali Zafar and former Miss India Ankita Shorey, the duo made the audience crack up with their antics.
As always, the event had an A-list of performers whose flamboyant acts lent glamour to the evening. Apart from Shah Rukh Khan, there was Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, who each enacted a medley of their hit numbers. Also performed the soon-to-be-married couple, Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia, who put up a spirited pre-nuptial tango that included a song from their forthcoming film Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya.
(The awards shall be telecasted on February 19th, 2012 at 8pm on Sony Tv).
Without further wait, we present to you the entire list of the Winners of the much desired Black Lady.
BEST ACTOR MALE – Ranbir Kapoor, Rockstar
BEST ACTOR FEMALE – Vidya Balan, The Dirty Picture
BEST FILM – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST DIRECTOR – Zoya Akhtar, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST DIALOGUE – Farhan Akhtar, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST SCREENPLAY – Akshat Verma, Delhi Belly
BEST STORY – Sanjay Chauhan, I Am Kalam
BEST ACTOR MALE (CRITICS) – Ranbir Kapoor, Rockstar
BEST FILM (CRITICS) – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST ACTOR FEMALE (CRITICS) – Priyanka Chopra, 7 Khoon Maaf
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR MALE – Farhan Akhtar, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR FEMALE – Rani Mukherjee, No One Killed Jessica
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Aruna Irani
SCENE OF THE YEAR – The Dirty Picture
RD BURMAN AWARD – Krsna, Tanu Weds Manu
BEST MUSIC – AR Rahman, Rockstar (A special 47 ct diamond studded 2500th trophy presented)
BEST PLAYBACK SINGER FEMALE – Usha Uttap & Rekha Bhardwaj, Darling, 7 Khoon Maaf
BEST LYRICS – Irshad Kamil, Nadaan Parindey, Rockstar
BEST PLAYBACK SINGER MALE – Mohit Chauhan, Jo Bhi Main, Rockstar
BEST DEBUT DIRECTOR – Abhinay Deo, Delhi Belly
BEST DEBUT MALE – Vidyut Jhamwal, Force
BEST DEBUT FEMALE – Parineeti Chopra, Ladies vs Ricky Bahl
BEST CHOREOGRAPHY – Bosco-Caesar, Senorita, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST VFX – Red Chillies, Ra.One
BEST BACKGROUND SCORE – Ranjit Barot, Shaitan
BEST ACTION – Don 2
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY – Carlos Catalan, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
BEST SOUND DESIGN – Nakul Kamte, Don 2
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN – Shashank Tere, Delhi Belly
BEST EDITING – Huzefa Lokhandwala, Delhi Belly
BEST COSTUME – Niharika Khan, The Dirty Picture
We shall bring to you more news about Filmfare. So Stay Tuned !!
Oh yes, the biggest and arguably the best Award Show that Indian Cinema has ever witnessed….Till date. And it is all set to knock on your Television sets soon. The Filmfare Awards are presented annually by The Times Group and is one of the oldest and most prominent film events given for Hindi films in India.
The honour is been given to both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the Hindi language film industry of India. The Filmfare Awards have been often referred to as Hindi film industry’s equivalent to the Oscars. (Well it’s a debatable topic, let’s not get into it) 😉 I know you must be eagerly waiting to find out the nominations for this year’s FilmFare Awards, but before that let me take this opportunity to share some interesting facts about these awards.
Did you know:
– Dilip Kumar, Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan have won 8 awards each till date(Best Actor + Best Supporting Actor)
– Surprisingly, the biggest blockbuster hit in the history of Bollywood – Sholay, won only one Filmfare Award in 1975 and that too for Best Editing.
– ‘Do Bigha Zameen’ was the first movie to win ‘Filmfare Award For Best Film’.
– In the 25th year of Filmfare Award ceremony, the statue was made of silver, while in the 50th year of its celebration, gold status were given.
– Filmfare Award was initially named ‘Clare Awards’, after the ‘Times of India’ film critic – Clare Mendonca.
– In 1969, Sunil Dutt organized a party for Dilip Kumar, when the latter beat him for ‘Filmfare Best Actor Award’. This started the trend of post-award parties in Bollywood.
– In 2006, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie ‘Black’ won 11 Filmfare awards, the most awards won by a movie in the history of Filmfare Awards, till date.
So are you finally ready to find out the Nominations!!!!! Here you go ………
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actor. This will be surely be one of the most toughest category, with such amazing actors in the race.
- Ajay Devgan – Singham / Amitabh Bachchan – Aarakshan / Hrithik Roshan – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Ranbir Kapoor – Rockstar / Salman Khan – Bodyguard / Shahrukh Khan – Don2
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actress.
- Katrina Kaif – Mere Brother Ki Dulhan / Mahie Gill – Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster / Priyanka Chopra – 7 Khoon Maaf / Vidya Balan – No One Killed Jessica / Vidya Balan – The Dirty Picture
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Film
- Delhi Belly / Don 2 / No One Killed Jessica / Rockstar / The Dirty Picture / Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Director
- Abhinay Deo – Delhi Belly / Farhan Akhtar – Don2 / Imtiyaz Ali – Rockstar / Milan Luthria – The Dirty Picture / Raj Kumar Gupta – No One Killed Jessica / Zoya Akhtar – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actor In A Supporting Role
- Abhay Deol – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Farhan Akhtar – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Naseeruddin Shah – The Dirty Picture / Pitobash Tripathy – Shor In The City / Vir Das – Delhi Belly
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actress In A Supporting Role
- Juhi Chawla – IAM / Kalki Koechlin – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Parineeti Chopra – Ladies vs Ricky Bahl / Rani Mukherji – No One Killed Jessica / Swara Bhaskar – Tanu Weds Manu
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Music Director – So who will win this award… who will you bet on !!!!!
- A.R.Rahman – Rockstar / Ram Sampat – Delhi Belly / Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Sohail Sen – Mere Brother Ki Dulhan / Vishal-Shekhar – Ra.One
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Lyrics ( I am Surprised to see Chammak challo in this list.. Are you??? )
- Gulzar – Darling – (7 Khoon Maaf) / Irshad Kamil – Nadaan parindey – (Rockstar) / Irshad Kamil – Sadda haq – (Rockstar) / Javed Akhtar – Senorita – (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara) / Vishal Dadlani and Niranjan Iyengar – Chammak challo – (RA.One)
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Playback Singer (Male)
- Akon and Vishal Dadlani – Chammak challo (RA.One) / Mohit Chauhan – Jo bhi mein (Rockstar) / Mohit Chauhan – Sadda haq (Rockstar) / Rahat Fateh Ali Khan – Teri Meri (Bodyguard) / Shafqat Amanat Ali – Dildaara (RA.One)
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Playback Singer (Female)
- Alyssa Mendonsa – Khwabon ke parindey (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara) / Harshdeep Kaur – Katiya karu (Rockstar) / Rekha Bhardwaj & Usha Uthup Darling (7 Khoon Maaf) / Shreya Ghoshal – Teri Meri (Bodyguard) / Shreya Ghoshal – Saibo (Shor In The City)
So are you ready….. Oh did I mention that Shahrukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor will be hosting the show this year……. So get glued to the television on 29th January on Sony Television and watch your favorite stars dazzle the screen. Do let us know about your favourite moments during the award ceremony. It’s always good to know your views. Happy Viewing.
Fear Factor for the last two seasons was hosted by our very own “khiladiyon ka khiladi” Akshay Kumar. Akshay kumar was seen with 13 divas last season.But this season, FF fans will be surprised for there is a twist in the tale.According to sources, unlike all other seasons, this season will be hosted by bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra.
its not all over yet!!
Moreover the contestents this time will be IPL players.Well Priyanka must be excited about hosting this IPL special edition of Fear Factor.It is said that the cricketers who may participate in the show include Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Gautam Gambhir, and Aussie cricketers Adam Gilchrist and Brett Lee.Well lets see…
Anyways, i will miss Akshay Kumar and i hope so do all Akshay Kumar fans.
When asked about the show,priyanka said
It’s exciting to be associated with some of the biggest names from the world of cricket. I’ve been a huge fan of Fear Factor, and I’m so looking forward to starting a new innings on television…
Well you must be wondering, when you discovered the association of the show with IPL, how come Lalit Modi is quite?Well you are right he will never be quite about this, and he should not be, after all he is the founder of IPL.
this is what he said Commenting on the COLORS partnership,
Our partnership with COLORS takes the IPL cricketainment quotient into an all new orbit. I have always maintained that the IPL is a cricketing carnival like no other and with this unique partnership that we have entered on behalf of our franchisees, we are delivering on our promise to extend the IPL franchise beyond cricket, beyond the IPL season and quite frankly beyond imagination. This unique entertainment proposition will combine our IPL cricketers’ mass appeal and COLORS flagship format shows to create an unprecedented genre of cricketainment.
the fans are already talking about this news, and those who didn’t like the show for some reason, may like this season as they can’t avoid the charisma of cricket players…