IIFA Awards, so called International version of Bollywood awards was back. As mentioned in our earlier post “IIFA Awards are back at the Lion’s city – Singapore” there were many performances that were lined up to make this event even more special. Are you all set to read more about what exactly happened at the award ceremony? Well iDubba has the details for you. So just sit back and enjoy the post.
Hosts Shahid Kapoor and Farhan Akhtar tried to keep the audience in splits with their wit and humour. Unlike the other awards show, they tried not to make much fun of their fellow actors. Well as they say that SRK only has the rights to do that! Well moving on, the show saw star-studded performances by Sonakshi Sinha, Bipasha Basu, Prabhu Deva, Priyanka Chopra, Shahid, Rishi and Ranbir Kapoor. You might ask where are the other start? Well this year`s IIFA awards was different, and the actors who were missed by all included Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan, Anil Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, and Sonam Kapoor.
As expected, Zoya Akhtar`s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ and Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Rockstar’ triumphed at the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, with each winning four trophies. The film industry also paid heart-warming tributes to long timers Ramesh Sippy and Rekha and bestowed them each with the Outstanding Achievement awards. As mentioned earlier that the big stars were missing, it was time for the young guns to take up the responsibility and keep the show alive.
So when will we be able to see the award show on television? Well don’t worry we will also share the details and the dates with you. But till then let’s check out the winners of this prestigious award. Check out the complete list of winners.
Winners of IIFA Awards 2012
- Best Film: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Story: Zoya Akhtar and Reema Katgi – Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara
- Best Direction: Zoya Akhtar – Zindagi Na Milege Dobara
- Best Performance In Leading Role (Male): Ranbir Kapoor – Rockstar
- Best Performance In A Leading Role (Female): Vidya Balan – The Dirty Picture
- Best Supporting Actor (Male): Farhan Akhtar – Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara
- Best Supporting Actor (Female): Parineeti Chopra – Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- Best Debut (Male): Vidyut Jamwal – Force
- Best Debut (Female): Parineeti Chopra – Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- Best Performance In A Negative Role: Prakash Raj – Singham
- Best Performance In A Comic Role: Riteish Deshmukh – Double Dhamaal
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Rekha
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Ramesh Sippy
- Best Music Direction: A.R. Rahman – Rockstar
- Best Playback Singer (Male) – Mohit Chauhan – the song Nadaan Parinde – Rockstar
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Shreya Ghosal – the song Teri Meri – Bodyguard
- Best Lyrics: Irshad Kamil – the song ‘Nadaan Parindey’ – Rockstar
- Best Choreography: Bosco Caesar Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa -The Dirty Picture
- Hottest Pair: Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri in Rockstar
- IIFA 2012 Green Award: Dia Mirza
- Best Action: Jai Singh Nijjar – Singham
- Best Special Effects: Red Chillies VFX – Ra.One
- Best Choreography: Bosco-Caesar for Senorita from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Cinematography: Carlos Catalan for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Costume Design: Niharika Khan – The Dirty Picture
- Best Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa – The Dirty Picture
- Best Editing: Anand Subaya – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Makeup: Vikram Gaikwad for The Dirty Picture
- Best Production Design: Sabu Cyril – Ra.One
- Best Screenplay: Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar
- Best Sound Re-Recording: Anuj Mathur and Baylon Fonseca – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Sound Recording: Resul Pookutty and Amrit Pritam Dutta – Ra.One
So back to the question, when can the audience watch their favourite stars perform on television? Well, here you go:
Throughout the first week of July, Star Plus will be airing:
Weekend with the Stars + IIFA rocks: Sunday 1st July
IIFA Weekend Celebrations: Monday 2nd – Friday 6th July
IIFA Awards Exclusive Moments: Saturday 7th July
Green carpet & Main event awards night: Saturday 7th July
So have the deserving won this year’s IIFA awards? Did you miss the Big Stars this year at the awards? Well, do let us know your views with us. You can also tweet about the same at our iDubba twitter account.
Oh yes, the biggest and arguably the best Award Show that Indian Cinema has ever witnessed….Till date. And it is all set to knock on your Television sets soon. The Filmfare Awards are presented annually by The Times Group and is one of the oldest and most prominent film events given for Hindi films in India.
The honour is been given to both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the Hindi language film industry of India. The Filmfare Awards have been often referred to as Hindi film industry’s equivalent to the Oscars. (Well it’s a debatable topic, let’s not get into it) 😉 I know you must be eagerly waiting to find out the nominations for this year’s FilmFare Awards, but before that let me take this opportunity to share some interesting facts about these awards.
Did you know:
– Dilip Kumar, Shahrukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan have won 8 awards each till date(Best Actor + Best Supporting Actor)
– Surprisingly, the biggest blockbuster hit in the history of Bollywood – Sholay, won only one Filmfare Award in 1975 and that too for Best Editing.
– ‘Do Bigha Zameen’ was the first movie to win ‘Filmfare Award For Best Film’.
– In the 25th year of Filmfare Award ceremony, the statue was made of silver, while in the 50th year of its celebration, gold status were given.
– Filmfare Award was initially named ‘Clare Awards’, after the ‘Times of India’ film critic – Clare Mendonca.
– In 1969, Sunil Dutt organized a party for Dilip Kumar, when the latter beat him for ‘Filmfare Best Actor Award’. This started the trend of post-award parties in Bollywood.
– In 2006, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie ‘Black’ won 11 Filmfare awards, the most awards won by a movie in the history of Filmfare Awards, till date.
So are you finally ready to find out the Nominations!!!!! Here you go ………
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actor. This will be surely be one of the most toughest category, with such amazing actors in the race.
- Ajay Devgan – Singham / Amitabh Bachchan – Aarakshan / Hrithik Roshan – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Ranbir Kapoor – Rockstar / Salman Khan – Bodyguard / Shahrukh Khan – Don2
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actress.
- Katrina Kaif – Mere Brother Ki Dulhan / Mahie Gill – Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster / Priyanka Chopra – 7 Khoon Maaf / Vidya Balan – No One Killed Jessica / Vidya Balan – The Dirty Picture
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Film
- Delhi Belly / Don 2 / No One Killed Jessica / Rockstar / The Dirty Picture / Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Director
- Abhinay Deo – Delhi Belly / Farhan Akhtar – Don2 / Imtiyaz Ali – Rockstar / Milan Luthria – The Dirty Picture / Raj Kumar Gupta – No One Killed Jessica / Zoya Akhtar – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actor In A Supporting Role
- Abhay Deol – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Farhan Akhtar – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Naseeruddin Shah – The Dirty Picture / Pitobash Tripathy – Shor In The City / Vir Das – Delhi Belly
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Actress In A Supporting Role
- Juhi Chawla – IAM / Kalki Koechlin – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Parineeti Chopra – Ladies vs Ricky Bahl / Rani Mukherji – No One Killed Jessica / Swara Bhaskar – Tanu Weds Manu
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Music Director – So who will win this award… who will you bet on !!!!!
- A.R.Rahman – Rockstar / Ram Sampat – Delhi Belly / Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara / Sohail Sen – Mere Brother Ki Dulhan / Vishal-Shekhar – Ra.One
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Lyrics ( I am Surprised to see Chammak challo in this list.. Are you??? )
- Gulzar – Darling – (7 Khoon Maaf) / Irshad Kamil – Nadaan parindey – (Rockstar) / Irshad Kamil – Sadda haq – (Rockstar) / Javed Akhtar – Senorita – (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara) / Vishal Dadlani and Niranjan Iyengar – Chammak challo – (RA.One)
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Playback Singer (Male)
- Akon and Vishal Dadlani – Chammak challo (RA.One) / Mohit Chauhan – Jo bhi mein (Rockstar) / Mohit Chauhan – Sadda haq (Rockstar) / Rahat Fateh Ali Khan – Teri Meri (Bodyguard) / Shafqat Amanat Ali – Dildaara (RA.One)
Filmfare Award 2011 for Best Playback Singer (Female)
- Alyssa Mendonsa – Khwabon ke parindey (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara) / Harshdeep Kaur – Katiya karu (Rockstar) / Rekha Bhardwaj & Usha Uthup Darling (7 Khoon Maaf) / Shreya Ghoshal – Teri Meri (Bodyguard) / Shreya Ghoshal – Saibo (Shor In The City)
So are you ready….. Oh did I mention that Shahrukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor will be hosting the show this year……. So get glued to the television on 29th January on Sony Television and watch your favorite stars dazzle the screen. Do let us know about your favourite moments during the award ceremony. It’s always good to know your views. Happy Viewing.