Strange… right… Well, don’t be surprised but your favorite movie songs might actually end up becoming your favorite serial too.
Gone are those days when every other serial name would start with K (No offense to the makers), but that was a trend and a successful one. Times have changed now, and so does the trends. Now it’s a latest fashion to have movie songs as the title of a serial. You might agree that Films and Television always had a unique relationship since the beginning, and this trend is taking it one step ahead. Oh yes, I know you might now start recollecting those names 😉
Well, Let me help you with those amazing songs that are now the title of the most famous serials (some are popular in terms of content and some are popular just by their names) I will not get into the details of which are popular just by their names 😉 It’s up to you to decide that.
So, let’s start with the TV Soaps that have got their titles from the movie songs :
- “Kuch Toh Log Kahenge“, a hit song picturised on Sharmila Tagore and Rajesh Khanna in “Amar Prem“, is now the love story between Mohnish Behl and Kritika Kamra
- The title of Ekta Kapoor’s “Bade Acche Lagte Hain” is picked up from the song in the 1976 movie “Balika Badhu“, about the arranged marriage of two teenagers, played by Sachin Pilgaonker and Rajni Sharma
- “Dekha Ek Khwaab“, has been taken from the evergreen song “Dekha ek khwaab toh yeh silsilay hue” picturised on Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha in the 1981 film “Silsila”
- “Sapno Se Bhare Naina” is from Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy’s composition from the soundtrack of “Luck By Chance”
- “Iss Pyaar ko Main Kya Naam Doon” is another show that takes its title from a song from Tusshar Kapoor–Kareena Kapoor-starrer “Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai”
- “Kya Hua Tera Vaada“, is from the movie Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahin in 1977. Sung by the great Mohammad Rafi
- “Sasural Genda Phool” is from the movie Delhi 6, and sung by Rekha Bharadwaj & others under music composition by A.R.Rehman
- “Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha” is from the movie “Baton Baton Mein” staring Amol Palekar and Tina Munim
- “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” is from the movie Meenaxi, staring Tabu and Kunal Kapoor. (Director: M F Hussain)
And so on…So let me take this opportunity to ask you, is this a healthy trend? Or has the Television Industry run out of creative ideas? Well, time will only tell and of course the viewers who make it a hit or a flop. The TRP’s of the show will have the final say on this interesting trend 😉 So, do let us know if you come across any such serials that have its title been taken from a movie song. Don’t forget to share your views on this latest trend.