Yes you guessed it right. Our very own Govinda aka Mr Chi Chi is back on Indian Television and this time he is all set to move and shake with the original Mover and Shaker i.e, Shekar Suman. Govinda was last seen in Comedy Circus as a Celebrity Judge. You might have noticed this unique quality about him, the moment you see him on screen there is an auto pop up of smile on your face which eventually turns up in Laughter. 😉 Who can forget his amazing dance moves, his comic timing and his crazy yet amazing dialogues and roles that he played over the past 2 decades:
- Govinda has been casted in over 120 Hindi language films
- In June 1999, Govinda was voted as the tenth greatest star of stage or screen of the last thousand years by BBC News Online users
- He was not considered for a steward’s position at the Taj Mahal hotel, because his English wasn’t good enough
- His first released film was Ilzaam (1986), a box office success and the fifth biggest hit of 1986 and which Features the hit song “Street Dancer”
- He also worked with Rajini Kanth and Sridevi in a hit film titled, Ghair Khanooni
- He turned down roles in Taal, Gadar: Ek Prem Katha and Devdas which went on to become successful films
- Govinda has won 2 Filmfare awards : Special Award for Saajan Chale Sasural and Best — Comedian Award for Haseena Maan Jaayegi
- He has been nominated for 10 Filmfares till date
We often see him as a colorful person with the type of films he does and the kind of style he has. Govinda has definitely created a special place for comedy movies in the Film Industry. Am I forgotting something? Oh yes… How can we forget Mr David Dhawan? Both of them are the real Jodi Number 1 of this Film Industry. They have done 17 films together and most of them have been a major hit. The Duo came out with Laughter Riot and have delivered movies such as Shola Aur Shabnam (1992), Aankhen (1993), Raja Babu (1994), Coolie No. 1 (1995), Saajan Chale Sasural (1996), Hero No. 1 (1997), Deewana Mastana (1997), Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998), Haseena Maan Jaayegi (1999), Anari No.1 (1999) and Jodi No.1 (2001).
Coming back to the appearance on Television, Govinda has been seen everywhere when it is all about song and dance, be it Indian Idol or Laughter challenge. Govinda will be the first legendary guest on the news season of Movers and Shakers. This time he is here to share his life on Indian television with a celebrity (Shekar Suman) who is well known to touch the personal aspect of every guest. Let alone Dancing and comedy, this time Govinda is here to share his brand of acting, politicians and actors, his stint on television and more. The show will be aired on 12th March 2012 on SAB TV. So don’t miss the show and do let us know about your view about the rebirth of Movers and Shakers. You can also check our post about Movers and Shakers here.