Dhoom series is back.… And this time it’s time for Dhoom 3 🙂 It is produced by Yash Raj Films’ Aditya Chopra (son of Yash Chopra) and was released in 2004. Earning over Rs. 42 crore ($9 million USD), and the film became one of the top-grossing Indian films of 2004 and Dhoom 2 grossed over 150 crore (US$29.93 million). This movie has brought in a new genre of movies akin to the fast paced motorcycle-robbery dramas and its sequel, Dhoom 2, was released in 2006. The movie had a significant cultural impact among urban Indian youth. It was blamed for an increase in incidents of street racing; bike-borne theft and stunting on public roads.
So will Dhoom 3 make Dhoom at the Box office? What is so special about Dhoom 3 and why is there such a hype about it? Well, guess what? Mr Perfectionist is about to enter the Dhoom Series. Yes the film will feature Aamir Khan playing a negative character while both Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra will continue in their now iconic roles of Jai Dixit and Ali . So what about the leading ladies? Reports are that Katrina Kaif wil be a part of the film.
Following are some of the facts that might interest you:
– Dhoom 2 was filmed in Mumbai (India), Namibia, Durban (South Africa), and Rio de Janeiro, (Brazil), making it the first Bollywood film to be filmed in Brazil!
– After the release of Dhoom Series, Robbery increased in cities where people after taking their money from ATMs or from banks were robbed at gunpoint and the robbers escaping on bikes
– Reportedly,the producer of the film, Aditya Chopra wanted to make the film in 3d format, but actor Aamir Khan is not convinced as he thinks ‘making a 3D film needs more expertise. Let’s wait and watch who will win 😉
– Our very own Copy Cat, oops Mr Original Pritam, will return once again to compose the music of the third installment
– Dhoom 2 was nominated for several awards that year, but only picked up a few of the major ones. At the Filmfare Awards, Hrithik Roshan won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor, out of five total nominations for the film
– Dhoom 3 starts shooting in May 2012
So are you excited to see Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3? Do you think it will be a blockbuster and beat its previous 2 versions? Do let us know your views about Dhoom 3. Also looking forward to know which was your favourite movie.. Dhoom or Dhoom 2?
Happy Dhooming… Happy Viewing 🙂