She is UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador and social activist currently. She made her Bollywood debut with the movie “Saudagar” in 1991 and has appeared in several Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films as well. The good news is that she will soon be back in business with couple of films.
So let’s take this opportunity to find out more about her and also about some of her amazing movies. And also about her career in Bollywood.
– Her first film was Pheri Bhetaula (We Shall Meet Again), a Nepali movie released in early 1989.
– Manisha Koirala was noted for her performances in films like Bombay (1995), Akele Hum Akele Tum (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Dil Se.. (1998) and Company (2002). She has won the Filmfare Critics’ Award thrice and has received four nominations for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress so far.
– She went on to establish herself as one of the leading actresses with such mainstream films as 1942: A Love Story (1994), Agni Sakshi (1996) and Gupt (1997).
– In 2000 she hosted the TV show Sawaal Dus Crore Ka on Zee TV alongside Anupam Kher.
– She ventured into strong woman-oriented films in 2003, such as Escape From Taliban which won her the BFJA Award for Best Actress
– In 2011 Koirala appeared in Mappillai, her first Tamil movie in 5 years. A remake of the 1989 film of the same name, the film saw her reprising the role originally played by the late Srividya
– Recently, there were rumours that suggested that filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s next film, Heroine was apparently based on Manisha’s life
The journey for this actress was not that easy as apart from some wonderful movies that she has done, there are also some unforgettable movies. They include Mumbai Express, Anjaane – The Unknown, Paisa Vasool, Taj Mahal: An Eternal Love Story and Tum – A Dangerous Obsession . But this has not stopped her to make a comeback on the silver screen. So are you all set to see the BOMBAY girl back? Do let us know your favourite Manisha Koirala movie.