Raj, Raja, Sunny, Rahul Malhotra, Amar Manohar, Munna, Siddharth Marathe, Ajay Singh Rathod, Bhuvan, Akash Malhotra, Daljit ‘DJ’ Singh, Ram Shankar Nikumbh, Sanjay Singhania, Ranchhoddas Shamaldas Chanchad, Phunsukh Wangdu…Yes you guessed it right. Mr. Perfectionist aka Aamir Khan is celebrating his 47th Birthday today. He had started his career as a child actor in his Uncle Nasir Hussain’s film Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973), and began his professional career eleven years later with Holi (1984) but his his first commercial success was with Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988). Who can forget his chocolate boy image after that movie?
Aamir is said to be the actor who first started the trend of actor’s working in one film at a time, when the others worked in four or five at the same time. He is also known to shun popular film trade magazine awards like Filmfare, Star Screen etc as he doesn’t have trust in their credibility and transparency.
Following are some of the interesting facts about Mr. Perfectionist (You might be surprised with a few of them)
- He received his first National Film Award (Special Jury Award) for his roles in the films Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988) and Raakh (1989)
- After eight previous nominations during the 1980s and 1990s, he finally received his first Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his performance in Raja Hindustani (1996)
- He had written the screenplay of Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993)
- In 2007, Khan was invited to have a wax imitation of himself put on display at Madame Tussauds in London. However, Khan declined stating that, “It’s not important to me… people will see my films if they want to. Also, I cannot deal with so many things; I have bandwidth only for that much”
- Lagaan was selected as India’s official entry to the 74th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category
- On 30 November 2011, Khan was appointed as national brand ambassador of UNICEF to promote child nutrition
- On December 5, 2011, he and his wife Kiran Rao announced the birth of their son, Azad Rao Khan,through a surrogate mother
- He was awarded the third highest civilian honour Padama Bhushanby the government of India.
We take this opportunity to wish Mr. Aamir Khan Very Many Happy Returns of the day. And may he go on to make many more successful movies and also come with some more amazing characters on the Movie Screen.
Mr. Perfectionist – Happy Birthday!!