Here you go, you might say that I have already used Filmfare and Oscars in the same sentence 😉 Just Kidding. Time to get serious…
Filmfare is just around the corner and Oscars too will be out with its Nominations on 24th Jan. So what are we talking about !!!! The reason for writing about this topic was to clear the air between to the two Awards.There are a section of people, oops fans that say that Filmfare is the Oscars of Bollywood. Where as the other section of fans don’t agree. They have gone one step ahead and said “How can you use Filmfare and Oscars in the same sentence?”
So, what next !! Following are some of the points that might help you to decide if you can (not) use both the award functions in one sentence.
- It is said that Filmfare only nominates movies that are a huge hit and does not encourage small budget movies and movies that have failed to earn corers.
(Example : Filmfare has two awards for Best Movies – Popular and Critics) In my opinion, there can only be One Best Movie… like the Oscars.. What say!!!
- Some say Filmfare focuses more on performances during the awards, and somehow end up ignoring the real hero “Cinema”
(Well, i don’t think I need to give an example, you might all agree with the performance example.. Right !!) Oscars always gives preference to the Movies and its makers.
- Need I mention about the low standard of Jokes year after year at the Filmfare functions…. (Sorry SRK fans, but just sharing the truth)
( You might say that even in Oscars, they crack jokes… Well, do you mean Cheap Jokes.. or just Jokes )
- Did you know that Katrina Kaif has been nominated for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (Best Actress)… Let me ask you… do you think that she even deserves to be nominated for this prestigious category ?? You can chek the Nominations in the earlier Post “Are you ready for the 57th FilmFare Awards 2012!!“
- And the best part, did you know that Vishal Dadlani and Niranjan Iyengar have been nominated for Best Lyrics category for their song Chammak challo (RA.One) Are you surprised?? Shocked?
There are many such examples, and the list is endless. By this time you might have labeled me a Oscars fan, and me being biased to the Oscars. Well this is not true. I have been growing up watching both the awards. But somehow overs the years, there have been so may Award Functions that have sprung up in India. And every other Corporate house and TV channel are promoting their awards shows. Hence in a sense to prove which is better, these award functions end up doing the impossible and the unimaginable drama to get TRP’s. It would not be wrong to say that it’s as good as a Naach Gana show. I am not saying that we should be like Oscars, but can’t we have one award function that really celebrates Cinema… The real Hero.
As always looking forward to your views on this topic. Happy Viewing.